Pages

Wednesday 19 March, 2008

Love Poem : Ending Her Cries

I looked into her eyes
I got lost in their depth
A glance into the future
Revealing the secrets she kept

For so many years she cared too
Yet we were both afraid to say
We avoided each other completely...
Every time, simply another day

She cried to me one night.
~Please help, I don't know what to do~
I wrapped my arms around her body.
~It is okay now, I'm here with you~

She told me about her boyfriend,
He cheated, and hurt her bad...
I told her not to worry...
But in the inside I was getting mad.

I held back my anger...
And I comforted her instead.
Playing with her hair,
She lay still on my bed.

I leaned over to kiss her cheek,
She smiled and turned to me.
~Thank you for being there...
I Have finally learned to see~

With that she drifted off,
I left her quietly sleeping.
~How could anyone want to hurt her? ~
I ran through thoughts, my heart leaping.

I met up with her boyfriend,
Swung out of pure love and rage.
A knife stabbed through my stomach..
~God where were you today?~

My head smacking onto the pavement,
My breath getting thin...
My vision blurred and fading slowly...
This was a battle I could never win.

As this darkness consumes me...
Light fills my eyes...
I am proud to have lost my life,
If it meant ending her cries...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love is...
© LOVE SMS - Template by Blogger Sablonlari - Font by Fontspace